Thursday, April 28, 2022

Metal Work Complete

I'm finally finished with what I can do to improve the metal on this car.

I stripped the driver's wing down and did some hammer/dolly work, pulled some dents, and cut out that big smash and replaced with a patch.  It's decent, but not awesome.  I feel like I could have done better.  But it is solid and will look good when filled - with 1/8" or less, of course.  Most places are 1/16".  You can see that this car got hit, hard - hard enough to dent the inner fender well.

Then, since I couldn't stand it, I made a patch for and replaced the passenger's sill like I did the driver's side.  I am glad I did - there was junk in there and the metal wasn't super great either.

I also touched up a couple of spots and fixed the hole where the passenger's door lock goes.

So here is what I have to work with now...

On to sanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment